When suffering does not destroy you, even though you have been to the edge of the abyss, you know something that you cannot know in any other way. Someone else is sustaining you. You are indeed living by a life not your own. Or as I love to say, "Your life is not about you." It is henceforth, most truly, about God. And you are merely "free sample" of what God has always been doing. - Quote from Richard Rohr

October 11, 2006

Symptoms of Hypothyroidism

I just looked up the symptoms of hypothyroidism and here is the list:

Symptoms of Hypothyroidism

Fatigue
Weakness
Weight gain or increased difficulty losing weight
Coarse, dry hair
Dry, rough pale skin
Hair loss
Cold intolerance (can't tolerate the cold like those around you)
Muscle cramps and frequent muscle aches
Constipation
Depression
Irritability
Memory loss
Abnormal menstrual cycles
Decreased libido

So this explains some things going on with me. Dry, rough (PALE??) skin. Ok I don't fit that bill. Memory loss!!! Yea, I have a medical condition to blame my memory loss on! Weight gain, another bonus...it's not those hot fudge sundaes that's making me fat, it's my hypothyroidism (just kidding).

Anyway, I'm praying this is the cause of my itching. Today it is AWFUL! I can barely think or work.

No comments: