When suffering does not destroy you, even though you have been to the edge of the abyss, you know something that you cannot know in any other way. Someone else is sustaining you. You are indeed living by a life not your own. Or as I love to say, "Your life is not about you." It is henceforth, most truly, about God. And you are merely "free sample" of what God has always been doing. - Quote from Richard Rohr

October 06, 2006

DateLog: 10/6/06: Drug Study - Day 5

What a week. As I tried to wake up this morning, I realized that I had been "up" for the task earlier this week. And now that I'm home I crashed. Being a very high energy person, it's hard for me to be in touch with my body. I just go and go and go. I used to be able to do this with no problem. But not anymore!

How am I feeling? I'm very very dry. I'm flaking like crazy! I've been off my oral Targretin for 4 weeks now... and only 5 days of the new drug. Spending the last 4 days in Houston, I'm praying the dryness is from the showers. We have a water softener at home and I can tell when the salt is low because I'll itch more. So 4 showers in semi-hard water really took a toll on my body.

Last night, after I did my wraps, I did my best to cover my body in lotion (my usual routine). Never being limber, there is always this square (some name I can't think of: square with two sides equal...) on my back about 6 inches wide at the top and about 4 inches at the bottom that I can never get. You can actually see it distinctly ... there is such a noticeable difference between where lotion is applied and where it's not. As I laid down in my 100% polyester pj's I noticed my back felt like a million needles piercing my back. I "willed" my husband to wake up. He finally did and I had him "lotion" me up. It helped but not much.

I've not slept well since probably Sunday night. Not sure if that's due to the dryness or the drugs!

So to recap:
I'm more dry... water or drug?
I'm itching more... water, drug, or anti-biotics I'm on?
Not been sleeping... itching or the drug?

I'm almost finished with my anti-biotics, I'm home back with my water softener. I'll keep you updated as changes occur. Just pray none of this is the result of the new drug!

Also, I'm getting more cuts on my feet. Some of it is MY fault because I scratch, but I think its also because of the dryness. My skin is so tight. For instance I can't really straighten my hands because the skin is so tight. Works well for typing, but it scares small children since they look like a witches hand in a children's book. What are they doing drawing such scary looking witches in children's book anyway?

Thanks for listening.

No comments: