When suffering does not destroy you, even though you have been to the edge of the abyss, you know something that you cannot know in any other way. Someone else is sustaining you. You are indeed living by a life not your own. Or as I love to say, "Your life is not about you." It is henceforth, most truly, about God. And you are merely "free sample" of what God has always been doing. - Quote from Richard Rohr

October 09, 2006

DateLog: 10/9/06: Drug Study - Day 8

Here are some numbers for you:

My CD4's (those are the bad cd cells) went from 526 on 8/3/06 to 83.1 on 9/15/06 to 1523 on 10/2/06.
My cd4/cd8 ratio (you want it to be zero) went from 12.91 on 8/3/06 to 25.97 on 9/15/06 50.56 on 10/2/06.

My last dose of Targretin was 9/6/06. Targretin does work, obviously, for me at least.

My visit today went well. Dr. Tuplar, who has been checking me from the start of my drug study was very pleased. She thought I looked less red already. She marked me as having only about 26% involvement. However, 2 hours later (well ok, not quite that long, but all you Dr. Duvic patients out there you know what I mean!) when Dr. Duvic came in I was all red again! But, she did say she could see a difference in my skin already. Although she changed my involvement to about 65%.

I'm sorry to say, though, the itching feels worse, not better! But maybe it is true as my sweet little niece tells her patients who have just delivered a large baby... "Honey it itches because those stitches are healing!" So I'm just healing... though there is no baby and no stitches! Oh, here's something... I was just looking at the sheet that Dr. Duvic fills out... and my thyroid (TSH) was 7.16. I think when you TSH is high you are drier. I was 0.79 on 9/15/06. So I'm back on my Synthroid to bring my TSH back down! I hope that's all it is. I'm get so weary from scratching and itching all the live long day. And the Lord knows how much my itching drives everyone else nuts!

No comments: