When suffering does not destroy you, even though you have been to the edge of the abyss, you know something that you cannot know in any other way. Someone else is sustaining you. You are indeed living by a life not your own. Or as I love to say, "Your life is not about you." It is henceforth, most truly, about God. And you are merely "free sample" of what God has always been doing. - Quote from Richard Rohr

December 23, 2006

Applying for Disability

My father-in-law kept telling my husband that I could take early retirement from the State if I was disabled. What this would mean for me is that my health insurance will be paid for for the rest of my life! So we checked into it and it's true. So I'm applying for early retirement. Target retirement date is 2/28/07. And I'm also applying for Social Security Disability. The catch is I can't be making more than $900/month in order to be approved for SSD. So Keith and I are biting the bullet and as soon as I get approved for my state retirement, I'm quitting work.

Since after Thanksgiving, I've been trying to work 40 hours a week. And this is my 3rd infection since then. And this cold I have now is a doozy and here it is the night before Christmas eve and I feel pretty lousy.

When I went to see my dr. for this infection we were talking about me ... well I was talking about me working 30 hours a week and he said I should be working NO hours a week. He said he couldn't believe I had worked this long. But, with a bone marrow transplant being talked about and having to pay for all my cancer treatment, I had no idea I had any other choice. And frankly I'm just plain worn out. So pray that God will let me find favor with the state retirement and especially with SSD. We have an appointment on Dec. 29th.

Merry Christmas to you all. May the Lord bless all you put your hand to in 2007! I can't express enough the support you all have been to me!

No comments: