When suffering does not destroy you, even though you have been to the edge of the abyss, you know something that you cannot know in any other way. Someone else is sustaining you. You are indeed living by a life not your own. Or as I love to say, "Your life is not about you." It is henceforth, most truly, about God. And you are merely "free sample" of what God has always been doing. - Quote from Richard Rohr

November 27, 2006

Date Log: 11/27/06: Good News & so-so News

Yea! Dr. Duvic was happy w/my obvious improvement of my skin. The bumps/pebbles/sugar pops are less. I'm whiter... and this white woman can dance!

However, I don't know what my numbers are... the numbers that really tell how the cancer is or isn't. I did a blood draw (well really about 8 vials) to see what my numbers will be... the cd4/cd8 & sezary cell count. When I go back on 12/11 I'll know if the BCX1777 is affecting the bad T-cells too. I had one small lymph node, the others are still insignificant. Which means this drug must be working.

These tests can really tell the story of where my cancer is, BECAUSE I can't. Why do I say this? Because I'm running a 100 degree fever, which is really high for me and my throat is spotted with puss and my b/p was 192/92. Now when I had my B/P taken at work the other day it was 120/78. White coat syndrome? Who knows.

But back to me being sick. This is not good because this is what will put you in the hospital. So even though my skin is looking better I'm still very auto immuned compromised. So I'm back on antibiotics which makes me more immune compromised which ... well you get the idea.

so good news and bad news. Pray that I will find a way to build up my immune system ... a way that won't cost me money having to go to a herbalist and spending lots of money on herbs. It always seems it costs money to be healthy naturally. Ok, I don't think I'm making much sense but thanks for listening to me.

No comments: