When suffering does not destroy you, even though you have been to the edge of the abyss, you know something that you cannot know in any other way. Someone else is sustaining you. You are indeed living by a life not your own. Or as I love to say, "Your life is not about you." It is henceforth, most truly, about God. And you are merely "free sample" of what God has always been doing. - Quote from Richard Rohr

May 15, 2007

Short Version of last 2 posts

Thought I'd give those of you who don't have a lot of time to read my blog but want an update I'd just give you what my last week was like, day by day!

Monday, May 7th: I had scheduled, for my new drug study I'm doing, (see post after this one for more details) a bone marrow biopsy (BMB). A full body scan. Skin biopsies. Lots of blood taken.

When I got to the office where my BMB was to be performed, I discovered that because I had drank about 3 oz. of water to take my meds, I had to wait FOUR hours before the procedure could be done! Really! The rest of the day went as planned. However, I did not get to eat anything until about 3:00 p.m.

Tuesday, May 8th: This day I had my head/neck C/T scan. And an echo gram. When they were doing my heart, they saw something funny. And had to do a dye contrast. Thus I had 3 dye contrasts in 2 days. YUK! Ok, I was worn out by this time.

Wednesday, May 9th. I had a Dr's appt (ear/nose/throat) in Westlake. I was not feeling well and was running a fever. But, I needed to go. I also had 2 mystery shops (very easy ones... take less then 10 minutes to fill out the forms so I don't mind doing them... ). Keith was playing tennis and needed me to take the kids to Youth group and since my mystery shops were on the way back home, I agreed. Then it turned out that Keith's game got canceled. However, I said I would still go since I needed to do my mystery shops. Ok, so we are in the car and exiting off of 45th street and we hear this awful noise. We pull into Hancock center and I've got a flat tire! Long story short, I have Keith come and deal with van (and with the wonderful help of our great youth leader, Jesse).

So I take off in the Toyota. I do my first mystery shop at What-a-Burger. Everything goes great, I even got to order my favorite meal... the chicken strips! So I'm driving to my next shop and I'm at the corner of 290 west and IH 35. I'm in the right turn lane when suddenly I'm rear ended! Yes, you got that right. In the Toyota, AGAIN. Keith says he's just going to paint a target on it. Unfortunately, this time it was NOT Progressive but some absurd insurance company. So far we've talked, we have had an estimator come out, but I've not heard what they are planning to do about our car. And No, I did not call the police. I was so tired and felt so yucky! I'll keep you updated on the poor little car.

Thursday, May 10th - I don't even remember what I did that day :). Probably stayed in bed and tried to get with the insurance company. Oh yea, I got a call from Dr. Duvic's office and was told my potassium is too low for me to be a part of the new drug study! So in order to get my potassium up I've been gorging on bananas, potassium pills, etc. Please pray that it goes up otherwise I won't be able to participate. But here is the kicker, all those tests I did on Monday and Tuesday, you have to have the tests done within 2 weeks before starting the drug. So if my potassium goes up in say 3 weeks, then I have to do all the tests over again. I DON'T THINK so! I'll take that as sign from God that I'm not suppose to do the LDH, etc. drug study!

Friday, May 11th - Social Security called and said I had been approved. To read more about all that you can click here: Renee gets approved

So that was my week. This Sunday, 5/20, we go to Houston for a week of the new drug.

No comments: