When suffering does not destroy you, even though you have been to the edge of the abyss, you know something that you cannot know in any other way. Someone else is sustaining you. You are indeed living by a life not your own. Or as I love to say, "Your life is not about you." It is henceforth, most truly, about God. And you are merely "free sample" of what God has always been doing. - Quote from Richard Rohr

November 09, 2005

Update: Appts. Oct. 18-19 & Nov. 1&2

If you will remember, at my last update, I reported that Duvic wanted to see me every other week. And just after I remarked to Keith... "I'm not having fun anymore." However since she took me off the Interferon, we thought, we'll maybe going this often will counterbalance the absence of the Interferon. Well something significant is happening. Remember when I reported last time (Oct. 4 and 5) that the very day of my appt. I suddenly got these bumps all over my skin. And Duvic replied, "This is good... all the MF is leaving your blood and coming to your skin."

The notes from that appointment read: "She does have severe disease; however her skin score has gone from 100% to 64% -(10/5). Week after that the report read: Total body surface is 44% (10/19).

A 20% difference in 2 weeks!!! Ok, granted since I lost my 40 lbs there is less body surface than when I started so that might account for that low number (ha-ha). Seriously though I want to share with you what I'm convinced has been making the difference!

The Sunday before our October 4th appt. I felt the Lord speak to my heart and say that Keith and I were take Communion each time before I did my photophersis. Keith agreed and I went to Central Market and got some Matza bread and kosher grape juice. No reason, just because it was all on the same shelf!!

John writes this in his gospel: I am the Bread--living Bread!-who came down out of heaven. Anyone who eats this Bread will live--and forever! The Bread that I present to the world so that it can eat and live is myself, this flesh-and-blood self."John 6:51

God tells us that Jesus' body was broken for us, and by His stripes we are healed. In Isaiah the writer talks about Jesus' sacrifice for us and says it this way: The plan was that he give himself as an offering for sin so that he'd see life come from it--life, life, and more life. - Is. 53:10

When we drink the cup of blessing, aren't we taking into ourselves the blood, the very life, of Christ? And isn't it the same with the loaf of bread we break and eat? Don't we take into ourselves the body, the very life, of Christ? - 1 Corinthians 10:16

All quotes from:
The Message (MSG) Copyright © 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson

This last week, Oct. 24 & 25 after waiting 3 hours (hey it was an hour less than last time) she swooped in, picked up my arm and said "I see hair growing on your arm!" Then she gushed, "This is good, you've had a boost in your immune system. I'm very pleased!" And she was gone!

Hair on my arm is something to rejoice about? Ok, if she says so, but as I was pondering this, my heart dropped to my stomach... and I discreetly lifted my arm to view my armpit and dang it wouldn't you know it... HAIR! I've not had to shave my pits for months! Oh well I'll take thehasslel of shaving under my arms if that means I'm getting better!!! Especially since I have my groovy new razor from Schick Intuition Razor! Try it ladies, it's groovy.

Y'all knew I couldn't be serious for too long, but seriously, it is amazing to see God working so perfectly as He is perfect in my healing. Did you notice that all the verses above says LIFE, LIFE, LIFE? He has come to give us life and give it abundantly.

May you experience the love Christ has for you!

Thank all of you for standing with me in my healing.

P.S. If you want to make a comment just click on Other and put some name, any name, preferably your name so I'll know its from you ;), in the box.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Blog. And now that I have updated the computer and am on line, I can write. I am amazed at all that God has done, a story that rivals even M. Rohrer. I am glad I am back in town. I hope you can let me know if I can do something. Or tell me who is in charge of helping. I think of you often, (and pray some too:). Take care, see ya soon.

Anonymous said...

I am soooooooooooo happy for you! I have asked God to place his hands upon you and your family and doctors. The Lord is so wonderful and remember....HE is in control, so let's remember to give it up and give it to HIM, while we strive to protect and respect the temple He has given us. Love you Sweetie.....Grace & Peace - Monica

Anonymous said...

I'm joyed that you're getting hairier; blessings are often mixed aren't they. Mine often are.
I have Great Faith that moving closer to the Divine in us is always a blessing. My memories shot full of holes but it seems that there may be a passage somewhere, perhaps among the mystics, that whenever we move close, "...then I move close to you."

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your notes. As a newcomer to MF, It really helps to read of the other experiences. I pray God will con't to heal you.