When suffering does not destroy you, even though you have been to the edge of the abyss, you know something that you cannot know in any other way. Someone else is sustaining you. You are indeed living by a life not your own. Or as I love to say, "Your life is not about you." It is henceforth, most truly, about God. And you are merely "free sample" of what God has always been doing. - Quote from Richard Rohr

May 10, 2007

We'll get this expedited...

So said the very nice Social Security Disability case worker. Less than 51 minutes later I was assured that my first payment would be September. I know of a few of you who have applied for SS Disability. You have to fill out tons of paperwork. Which I did months of ago. Thus, I was so happy, since I had been denied at that time, I didn't have to fill out all that paperwork again. And who said that there's a lot red tape with the government? 51 minutes... :)

I was told, as everyone who gets SS Disability, you HAVE to wait 5 months from the date you apply or your last date of work.

Update: This past week (May 7th) I received a phone call from Social Security and I have been approved! And not only that but the children will also receive a stipend (is that the correct word?) Anyway, between what I will be getting and what we'll receive from the children, the total will be about $400.00 less than was bringing home. God is INCREDIBLE. I have to confess the way I've been feeling lately, I'm still to drained to anything to help make up any salary. (I can make up to $900.00 a month without penalty.)

Oh yea, the 5 month wait? Well that translate into like the 3rd Wednesday in October :)! They always pay a month behind.

Yet God is so incredibly good!!!

No comments: