When suffering does not destroy you, even though you have been to the edge of the abyss, you know something that you cannot know in any other way. Someone else is sustaining you. You are indeed living by a life not your own. Or as I love to say, "Your life is not about you." It is henceforth, most truly, about God. And you are merely "free sample" of what God has always been doing. - Quote from Richard Rohr

November 23, 2005

WOW WOW WOW...

"WOW! WOW, I don't believe this. I thought you'd be a much harder case. You're turning out to be easy." These were the words of Dr. Duvic as she looked me over November 16th. I now only have 13% coverage. There was 13% patch (don't ask me what that means) and 0% plaque and tumors.

As Dr. Duvic continued to examine me and she kept saying WOW, I told her how we had started taking Communion before each treatment beginning in October. Dr. Duvic replied that she certainly believed in that and said she had a patient w/MF who was a Priest and is now in remission. She said she gives him a list of patients to pray for whenever she sees him. Keith, my husband, said to make sure we were on his list! I can't really contribute anything else to my sudden improvement. Just today I was reading on the MF newsgroup someone who has been getting the exact same treatment as me and after several years they are still in the same shape as they were when they started!

I will go to MD Anderson the first and last week of December and then I will go once a month. I have no idea how long that schedule will last. Another poster on our newsgroup said she has been doing Photophresis since 1999. Another stated that when they stop any of the treatments the plaque and tumors start coming back in a couple weeks of doing nothing. This why I'm believing God for my TOTAL and COMPLETE HEALING!

Another interesting thing (me... always the enigma...) my CD 4 cells have risen from 2163 to 4849 since 10/5. They should be in the 205-1451 range. I asked the resident about this and she said if she had just seen my blood tests she'd say I was still very sick, but looking at me she can't abide by that assessment. I wanted to ask more and press them on this, however again we didn't see the good Dr. until 3 hours after our scheduled appt. and frankly, I was ready to get out of there and get on the road back to Austin.

Aren't we all feeling this cold dry weather! It is really dry here and my skin is suffering, but it's only in 4 places... my face, my hands, my upper arms and my thighs! So back to buying lotion every time I go to the store! At least I'm not FREEZING! And thank heavens we live in Austin where hot humid days aren't far off. I'm praying and trusting the Lord for my complete healing before January or February, the only months that anyone can really say get cold in Austin!

Bless all you as you stand with me! Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to all!

Below is a picture of where I get my blood drawn each time I go to Houston and the sweet lady who draws my blood.



This is the lady who does my "quick draw". I have 8 vials of blood drawn on day one each time I go to MD Anderson. On the 2nd day of photopheresis, I was going to quick draw just to get a vial for my CBC. Fortunately one of the nurses said "You don't need to get your blood drawn the 2nd day, we can do it here." Now they tell me... how many months have I been going day 2 get my blood drawn? More times than I want to think about!

No comments: